Friday, September 14, 2007

The Beginning

Well as I said in my description here I am stuck in the burbs and I have decided to massacre our front yard and turn it into a mini farm. I will try and add photos as my garden progresses. I have also started some seeds off in old seedling boxes, trays and anything else I can get my hands on, covered them in plastic. I've done tomatoes - cherry and full size, basil, peas, beans, strawberries, rock melon. I was also a bit naughty and went nuts on line and bought $100 dollars worth of seeds - oops hubby will not be happy when he sees the credit card!

I have also planted 2 kiwi fruits (male and Female), Black Genoa Fig, Tropical Guava, Panama Berry, Arabica Coffee, Custard Apple, 2 x Camellia Sinensis ( The tree used to make Tea), all in pots and 2 apples - Ballerina Polka & Charlotte, 2 Pears - Sensation and Williams, an Imperial Mandarin, a Lots-o-Lemon's, a Elberta Peach, a Goldmine Nectarine, a Bay Leaf Tree, and we had an existing Moorpark Apricot tree.

I have used some old pavers around the beds (raised with some old sleepers we had in our back garden before we built onto the house). Instead of laying them on the straight I have laid them on the diagonal which leaves little triangles of soil up against the beds with I am going to use for herbs and things.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, that looks great :)

Hillbankers said...

I hear from a very good source that your secret wepon is a Goezunda which you empty on the gardens each morning?