Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Holidays A good thing?

I've just come back from a few weeks holidays at the beach with the family - and as relaxed as I'm feeling, I looked at my garden when I got back and am now wondering if it was worth it?

My lettuces and herbs have gone nuts which is wonderful, but so have the weeds. Someone needs to explain to me why with so little water and watering restrictions still in place that I have a very sad and sorry backyard grass that I am struggling to keep nice for the kids, but where I don't want any lawn, I turn my back for two seconds I have the same couch grass growing like there is no tomorrow?

Time to do some research on killing off grass organically without harming the veggies - will update you when I know more.

On a side note my watering pins ( see previous post) worked wonderfully whilst I was away, my lovely father-in-law who was watering my garden for me while I was away only had to fill them up 2 times a week and that was enough for the plants - they are all starting to bud up - even some of the trees that I thought I might loose after the cold snap we had after I planted them.

Well I'm pretty sure the holiday was a good thing but my back may disagree tomorrow after I do some weeding (ha ha).

No comments: