Monday, April 27, 2009

Ready for the New Term

Well the holidays are nearly over, the printer has been going all day. I have been busy getting K3's unit studies ready. Did I tell you I decided on the Solar system for Science and Egypt for History.

I think I have decided on a mixture of methods for homeschooling. Mornings are for more formal school at home - worksheets and such, and the afternoons are for more free learning - reading, unit studies, gardening, cooking etc.

I found a great website that helped with my science and history units. I am planning to try notebooking/lapbooking for these subjects. The science will still have some worksheets from http://www.learningpage.com/free_pages/home.html but k3 will also be making notebooks. I thought this would add a bit more fun to it and it can also incorperate some Art and Technology which helps with the ciriculum requirements. The new site is "Homeschool Launch", it is a place where other homeschoolers can upload and share (free) files they have made. Hee is the link to my page and then you can move to seach the site from there.
http://www.hslaunch.com/mypage/profile/7893

Well it is getting late, I will catch you all soon later

No comments: